Monday 11 April 2016

Bin avin a MARE!


Wow it seems like ages since I had a minute to myself to sit down and write my blog. Weve had a pretty horrible time the last two weeks, Oliver has been very, very anxious and had quite a few meltdowns including one the other night at Midnight. Im surprised the police didnt turn up he was screaming so much, it was an incredibly upsetting and worrying night for all of us. We are even having trouble getting him out of the house - everywhere is too busy, or too loud or too quiet and its almost like agoraphobia.

Needless to say its gotten much worse the closer we got to him going back to school and both Joanne and I are exhausted. Its been a very upsetting and stressful couple of weeks. We just managed to get him to school this morning and he seemed to have a good day in the end. Its a worrying time as Joanne seems to get ill as Oliver gets more stressed and its probably stress related so as usual I bear the brunt of it and Ive been very down and extremely tired.

Ive struggled with my training but still forced myself to get out, following my training plan as best as I could under the circumstances. Ive got a race at the weekend and Im not making excuses already but Ive not had the most ideal run up to it.

The heart rate training is going well but it does seem very slow compared to how I normally run. However I dont feel as tight in my calves and hamstrings since Ive not been pushing as hard as often. I still do run fast when the training allows but its always sandwiched between slower warm ups and cool downs. I think it takes a few months for the changes to kick in properly so it will be perfect for my ultra.

Thats it really, I hope things settle down this week and I can relax a bit before the trail race on Saturday. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment