Thursday 8 October 2015

3 Days to Go!



 
3 days, that's all that's left! Its been a hell of a journey, I've so enjoyed getting here. 

Today has been a whirlwind, it started early as it usually does. I rose with the alarm and headed downstairs, Oliver right behind me. I got a coffee and started making my lunch and dinner. A slow cooker beef and tomato casserole was on the menu for dinner and should hopefully last us 2 days. After breakfast I got ready and walked to work, suddenly noticing the cooler weather, creeping in under my jacket. My work day flew by and was highlighted from a visit from my Sister and my Mum. My little sister, Paula, is a fantastic and talented baker and makes the most amazing and imaginative cakes as “the cake fairy”. Shes doing so well with her new business and Im immensely proud of her, I dont think Ive actually told her that, so there you go sis! ( I will tell her in Person too!)

As Ive been planning for my race and trying different fuels, my weapon of choice seems to be flapjacks. However you cant seem to get a really good, moist and calorie laden one without paying a lot of money. A thought popped into my head last week. Could I make them how I wanted? The answer is no I cant bake for toffee (no pun intended), I can cook, make an exquisite sauce but baking seems to allude me. Its a good job I know someone who can. I asked Paula if she could bake me some flapjacks to my specification with the ingredients I needed, such as salt carbohydrate and sugar. She relished the idea and brought me a sample today. It was amazing and she went off to buy the final ingredients. She joked about making them for a living, I will let her know if they work!

I walked home, popped into Tesco for some supplies and made my way home. Oliver was out with his carer so my 4 mile taper run beckoned. I completed the run, had some dinner and tidied up. Oliver was tired when he got back and we played minecraft for a bit before bed.

I cant believe the race in nearly here, Im as excited as I am nervous. Bring it on!!!

Running: 4.41 miles 9.30/mi 40 min


This evenings run was all about keeping my muscles loose and not using too much energy. I ran half of my normal Walney route, keeping my pace light and low. It felt very slow in parts but I was still
going the required pace. Hopefully training at a higher intensity will make the slower pace feel effortless. It certainly did tonight.

My race plan is now set in my head, I know what Im going to do and how Im going to do it. After talking my plans through with my good friend Gareth, he helped me solidify my ideas into a plan. I thought about them as I ran, visualising key points in the route, pulling them from memory. Tonight's run was effortless and I enjoyed the cool evenings breeze while I ran along the trail, watching the sun drop into the ocean, far beyond the horizon. I got home and had a gentle stretch session.

A nice easy run, at a very low intensity and I felt like I could have ran all night.

Food Diary:


Breakfast:
2 pieces of fruit and a flapjack at work (I was busy and ran out of time)

Lunch:
Piri Piri Mackerel Salad with Quinoa, Avocado and egg

Fat Free Yoghurt with Blueberries

Dinner:
Slow Cooked Homemade Beef and Tomato Casserole with Sugar Snap peas and wholegrain rice.

Snacks:
2x apples, banana, nuts and seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment