Sunday 4 October 2015

Sunday - a day of rest.

After getting home late last night from work, I was exhausted this morning. I had planned to do my scheduled 10 miles later in the evening but as the day dragged on my energy levels dropped so Ive swapped tomorrows rest day for today. Ive had a  lot of jobs to get through today, my usual Sunday  basket of ironing (have I ever told you I hate Ironing?) ;) , tidying and getting ready for the rest of the week. Joanne has been bad again all day today. She tried some sourdough bread as someone told her the process destroyed most of the gluten (obviously not enough) and its triggered her IBS!!!
Plus our new (UN)fitted kitchen is being delivered this week so I had to make room for it in the garage. Im fitting most of it myself but its staying in its boxes until after the race! By the time I had done that and got dinner sorted my eyes were getting heavy and my legs were feeling very lethargic after the beach running yesterday. Tapering is about recovery and rest so I made the decision and I know its the right thing to have done.

Im going to do my weigh in and comparisons tomorrow. Because I will be eating more and training less this week I will put one or two pounds on before Saturday. This is all part of the science as its building my reserves of energy up and hydrating me before the weekends abuse! Im really focussed, laser sharp now and my race plan is 99% complete. Ive also been keeping an eye on the weather forecast. Although it wont be exact until probably Thursday, Im keeping a keen eye on hurricane Joaquin that is heading our way into the Atlantic from Bermuda at the moment. Fingers crossed eh!
Weather and ground conditions are some of the things of a race you cant control, just  plan for.  Ive ran in all weathers in all seasons, so Im not worried about that. Is just visibility on the high fells that will slow proceedings. But thats all part of the fun!

Food Diary:

(I haven't been very hungry today - its not like me and I need to watch my intake closely this week.)

Breakfast:
Slice of GF Toast with manuka honey

Lunch:
Ham and Spinach Omelette

Dinner:
Roast Chicken breast with sweet potato mash, leeks, savoy cabbage, broccoli and a spoonful of  gravy

Roast Chicken and Veggies

Bio Yoghurt with pineapple, blueberries and melon with Granola

Snacks
Apple, cashew nuts

No comments:

Post a Comment