Tuesday 10 November 2015

A tough little day

I had a rather fitful nights sleep again. Joanne isnt sleeping well and is quite restless in the night. I woke at 5am, 30 min before my alarm was set. I got up and went for a run, came home and made breakfasts and lunches then walked to work.
After work I walked home and Joanne looked awful (poorly awful, not just awful!). She was exhausted and in a lot of pain and was quite stressed. Oliver had a bad day at school today and was getting very worried and anxious about the two minutes silence tomorrow. He had a meltdown at school and was very upset. It might not sound like alot but the thought, to an autistic child, of having to control everything for 2 minutes is hell. His mind spirals out of control and he starts to worry about the consequences (of not being quiet in this instance) and his anxiety levels go through the roof. Poor little guy, I wish I could take it all for him.
I made tea last night so it was just a matter of re-heating it then I got stuck into tidying up, washing, did the pots and half a basket of ironing. I will be so glad when my kitchen is fitted. A new dish washer awaits and its something we've never had before so it should be a help.
After all that I got Oliver to bed and I did my strength work before bed. Im looking forward to some speedwork with my friends tomorrow night so I need a decent nights sleep....fingers crossed.

Running: 8.59 miles   8.30 min / mile      1 hr 10min

I stuck my hi-vis running gear on together with my flashing arm bands and set off into the blustery, dark morning. My Ipod gave me a random selection of music as I made my way around my "dark" loop. Its a great loop to run as it incorporates a couple of good hills and flats, all of which is well lit with only a few roads to cross.
I felt light and strong as I ran along, occasionally blinded by the oncoming works traffic. I started to get really warm and striped off a couple of layers in the unseasonably mild temperature. I think it was 15 degrees this morning and the sweat was pouring off me. I pushed easily along the roads and hills and my mind drifted to the next 9 months between now and July, thinking about all my plans, races and the big one itself - the Lakeland 100. Its certainly going to need some thought! Ive got lots of questions to ask of myself before I get there.
Before I knew it I was back home after a lovely mornings run. After a stretch I tucked into a well earned breakfast, ready for the day ahead.

Strength  Work: Here is my routine:

Two or three sessions per week:

Plank PB (Hold the plank for as long as you can, note the time then beat it next session)

Start with 20 reps and add five every week
Press Ups
Sit Ups
Back Extensions
Heel taps (1 rep = both heels)
Superman sit ups
Weighted Squats with a shoulder press
Weighted lunges (Both legs = 1 rep)
Weighted Standing Chest Flys
One minute of balancing barefoot on one foot, eyes closed. Repeat with other foot.

10 minutes deep stretching / foam rolling

I completed my workout unbroken tonight. I felt really good and Im starting to get some of my core strength back again after last months Ultra. My plank for tonight was 4:30 min.

Food Diary:

Breakfast:
Scrambled eggs and Baked beans on GF Toast

Lunch:
Chicken and Avocado Salad with wholegrain rice
Fat Free Greek Yoghurt

Dinner:
 Chicken Curry and Wholegrain Rice

Snacks
Banana, Apple, nuts and seeds 2x satsumas

Drinks:
Lots of bottled water, coffee, pre run espresso.

No comments:

Post a Comment