Sunday 8 November 2015

The Force Awakens...


Ive been a busy boy today. I was up early, back in training again with some good friends, then it was straight home for some jobs. Joanne is still quite poorly so she spent half of the day resting in bed. I hope she kicks this ear infection soon, its driving her mad! (and me!!). Oliver was having a chilled pyjama day so I cracked on with the kitchen, getting the last few remaining floor tiles up and removing all the excess adhesive. Im getting the worktops fitted this week then I can get stuck into the tiling and get the kitchen operational again instead of washing up in the garage!! After dinner a pile of ironing awaited and you know how much I love that!

Running: LRS (long slow run) 8.18miles 9:47 min/mi 1hr 20min

The alarm went at 6:30 am and I begrudgingly got out of bed. I had been working until 11pm last night so I hadnt had much sleep. Luckily I had arranged to meet the lads at 7:30am so I had to get up. I had my usual pre run espresso and headed out to the start at Dalton. There were 5 of us this morning and it was great to be back running with my good friends again. We set off on a slow canter along the sleepy suburbs of Dalton and along Abbey road. Everyone chatted as we ambled along keeping the pace as light as the conversation.

Run Route.
 
The pace was perfect around nine and a half minutes per mile pace. The long slow runs (LSR) would build up in length over the next few months, cumulating in February for the Grizedale Marathon. It was good to be back running again especially with such good company. We skipped along, addressing important topics as we talked freely. The single most important topic of todays discussion was not the recent plane bombing or tensions in the middle east. No, it was what we thought was going to happen in the up and coming new Star Wars film!

Im not sure if Ive ever mentioned it, but Im a massive Star Wars fan boy and have been since I was 6 years old and saw the most amazing film ever. Its been part of my life ever since and I am so excited, like being 6 again I guess. Ive even got a ticket for the midnight screening! Its only 34 days to wait now WOO HOO!(at this point your probably thinking, he should rename the blog:
hes not mental, hes a sad Bastard!).
 
Anyway, the run took us through the lanes and over St Helens hill, down into Askham, through the brickworks, St Helens hill again and then back to the start. It was a great beginning to our winter training sessions with the added benefit of spending time with my friends (and talking about Star Wars!!). A nice easy start to the campaign with plenty more to come.

Food Diary: (its a bit random at the moment as I dont have a kitchen!!)

Breakfast: Cornflakes with hot milk

Lunch: Tuna Mayo sandwich made with GF bread, served with a few crisps

Dinner: Roast lamb, mashed potato and vegetables (all supplied by my mother in law and it was bloody lovely!)


No comments:

Post a Comment