Sunday 8 November 2015

Its good to be back



 After a months break, Im back in the saddle so to speak. It feels great to be back both running and blogging. Its been a busy month since my last blog, Ive not been training until this week and I definitely needed the rest (more about that later). Ive also been busy at home, stripping out our old kitchen and fitting a new one which Im half way through. Its been tricky coping without a kitchen and we've had some great help from family and friends. Thank you to everyone who has chipped in.
Joanne has had a really bad month and has struggled with a nasty ear infection to add to the list she already has to put up with, so she been in a lot of pain and exhausted from no sleep.  Oliver has been doing really well at school although his anxiety seems to be getting worse again. Weve had a few meltdowns and hes struggled with doing homework, not the content. He cant get it out of his head that school is for schoolwork and home definitely isnt. Its a common problem with autistic children and we are trying to get him used to it for when he gets to secondary school.

Love Barrow Awards Nomination


Im deeply moved and honoured to have been nominated for carer of the year at our local “Love Barrow Awards”. The nomination was anonymous and came as a complete shock to me. I dont really consider myself a carer, just a husband and a father looking after my family. Im a little overwhelmed by it and not really sure what to think of it all. We will see what happens and how it progresses in due course. You a read the nomination below:
http://lovebarrowawards.co.uk/carer-of-the-year-nominee-lee-winter/

Recovery after the Ultra.


If youve read my race story, you will know I fell on the route. I hurt myself a lot more than i had originally thought and had bad bruising and soreness for nearly 2 weeks after the race. If Im honest, in parts, its still sore to the touch now. So I completely rested, with no running or exercise for nearly a month. Its given my body time to heal and the gentle walks to and from work every day has kept me from stiffening up. Ive eaten loads and put a bit of weight back on ready for my next training cycle, which started on Wednesday. I feel really ready to start again, fresh and focussed.

Whats next?


Ive got a few races and events picked out for the next 9 months: (There might even be a few more in-between!)

December: Ulverston 10k Pudding Run
February: Grizedale Trail Marathon
March: Coniston 14
May: Keswick to Barrow 40miles
July: Lakeland 100 Ultra (100 miles!!)

The Winter and Spring races will give me a good base from which to launch my assault on the Lakeland 100 which is going to be EPIC! and Im really exited about it (if a little nervous!) Ive also got some recce runs in the middle of all that so I can get to visualise the course.

 

Training Cycle:


My next phase is for the Grizedale Marathon in February with the Ulverston Christmas Pudding run 10k in-between. It will keep me focussed over the winter and bring me back together with my partners in crime, Ricky and Michael. We will be starting our early sunday morning runs again this week, starting easy and building up to the marathon in 12 weeks time. I cant wait to get out running with them both again. Heres a preview of the Grizedale Trail Marathon. I can tell you its an absolute beast of a course that surprised me. It wont this time!!

 

Food:

Im going to eat as healthily as I can over the next 6 months then really go clean and lean in the last 3 months leading upto the Lakeland 100. I will still keep a food diary going as its been a good reference and makes me accountable for my choices.

Blog

Thanks to everyone for taking time and reading my posts. I will endeavour to keep posting as much as I can. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment