Friday 20 November 2015

Its been a while.

Its been an exceptionally busy few weeks, every minute of my time has been taken up, so something had to give and that something was my blog (it can take up to an hour to write). So here’s a quick catch up of what’s been happening in my world.

Me: I've been burning the candle at both ends, still working full time, caring for Oliver and Joanne and working in my kitchen until 11:30pm most nights. I'm absolutely knackered but I have to keep going. The kitchen, I think, with all the disruption has been stressing Oliver out and upsetting his routines, so Im doing as much as I can. I'm starting to feel the exhaustion creeping in around me, like water soaking into wood. Its starting to saturate me getting closer to my core every day. I'm going to take tomorrow night off when I get home from work and chill out. Ive had to chop my training right down too and it feels like Im just keeping my fitness topped up for now. Im really enjoying going out with the lads a few times a week and getting me away from it all though.

Love Barrow Awards: I mentioned last week that I had been nominated for carer of the year, well Ive been shortlisted to the final 3, which means I get to go to the awards night which is held at the theatre where I work. A bus-mans holiday or what!! Im still really unsure and overwhelmed by it all. The awards are in March so I will update in due course.

Oliver has been really upset the other week as the pressures of the two minutes silence for Armistice Day finally got too much for him. After a chat with his teachers we finally managed to get him excused from it and he was fine after that. He’s been Ill all last week suffering from self-inflicted constipation. He had a poo last week and it must have really hurt him. He got it in his head that he never wants to go again and has been holding it in ever since, consequently giving him major stomach cramps and sleepless nights, poor thing. I’ve tried everything to get him to go and I hope it’s not going to become a massive issue in the future. After a phone call to the doctor, I managed to sort him out with a suppository and he went, but its been a few days again since then and hasn't gone again. Im getting worried.

Joanne’s hasn't had a good few weeks either. She had been very tired and her arthritis flared up again, probably with the change in weather. It was  a tough few weeks on us all, topped off with the fact we still have no kitchen, the stress levels have been massive! Her medication has started to make her snore too (some medication relaxes the muscles like alcohol). She will kill me for saying it but its driving me mad. I have had hardly any sleep all week and finally bought some industrial ear plugs from B&Q when I was there. It feels like sleeping underwater but at least I can’t hear anything! I have had to turn my alarm clock up though!!!

So Ive been plowing every minute into the kitchen to get it finished and I’m just about there. I was held up waiting for the worktops but they’re in now so its full steam ahead with the tiling and I can get finished this coming week.

Training:

Tuesday – Steady 7 miles
Thursday 12th – Tempo Session 6miles, 1x 8min/mile, 1x 6 min mile and repeat.
Friday 13th – hill Repeats with Ricky - 6x Cemetery Hill and a jog home.

Weekend: I decided to forgo the training at the weekend in favor of finishing my kitchen. I managed to get all the tiling finished and can now put everything back so I've got a kitchen again.
Also with all the storms over last weekend it wasn’t worth going out and battling the weather. I’m all in favor of bad weather training and often go out in the wind and rain but when it’s a full on storm I don’t feel it’s worthwhile and would probably have been a bit risky with very strong winds and flooded roads.

Wednesday 18th - Tempo session with GB Bootcamps lads.
Thursday 19th - 7 mile steady run
Friday 20th - Hill Repeats with Michael and Ricky in the rain and hail (at one point there was definitely a moment where I questioned the fine line between dedication and madness)


Food Diary:

Ive been eating as healthily as possible but its been a hard few weeks without a full kitchen. Ive got the kitchen up and running now so I can get back to some better choices.


Thanks for sticking with me on my journey. I will post more blogs as soon as things get back to normal, or whatever counts for normal in my crazy ass life! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment