Tuesday 15 March 2016

A quick catch up after a busy weekend

Saturday 12th March

After an amazing night at the Love Barrow Awards I was back in work at 11am. There was a drinks festival on at work so it was a busy day. It helped to keep my mind off the hangover that was brewing nicely in my skull (the massive sausage and bacon bun I had helped too!). After a long day I walked home and collapsed totally knackered. Joanne was totally exhausted after the night and spent most of the day in bed recovering. Oliver was at my mums so it gave her a chance to rest.
I was still buzzing from the awards night and I totally enjoyed the night. I went to bed a bit earlier as I was meeting my friend Paul at 5:30am the next morning for a 20 mile run (as you do!).

Sunday 13th March

I woke at 5am and got dressed in a zombie like state. If you ever want to go out early, arrange to meet a friend and you cant let them down, so no excuses. I met Paul at Walney Bridge and we went for a great run. He is training for the Manchester Marathon and Im starting to increase my distance so it was a good run for both of us. I made my way home and spent the rest of the day catching up with my chores from the last few days.

We had a very relaxed day, Joanne was still in pain (we knew the LB awards would take it out of her) and Oliver wanted to chill so we had a pyjama day (well they did!). I went to bed ready for work and school on Monday morning. About 3am Oliver came downstairs (Im still sleeping on a Zbed!) and woke me up. Hed been sick, but not a little bit, it was everywhere in his room and on the stairs. I instantly woke up, got him cleaned up and changed then put him in with Joanne while I attacked (in a deep echoing voice) "THE ROOM OF SICK".

Poor little lad, it had gone everywhere, all over his duvet, his sheets, his pillows, the headboard, down the side of the bed, on his cuddly toy, all over the floor and out onto the stair carpet. Em....I thought, where the hell do you start with this? I got a bin bag and after a minute decided the best course of action was to bin his pillows and duvet as the sick had soaked right into them. I ran a hot bath and put some washing powder in it before soaking the sheets, pillow cases and duvet cover in it. It was then a matter of cleaning the floor, headboard and mattress. It really was everywhere and its a good job I have a strong constitution! About 30 mins later I had finished and with the help of half a bottle of Zoflora managed to get rid of the smell. I was knackered and after checking up on Oliver I crawled back to my bed for a couple of hours kip before my alarm went off!

Running: 21.35 miles / 3hrs 24 min / 9.34 min miles

Paul and I were both tired when we set off but after 6 miles and plenty of banter we had both warmed up. We chatted about our forthcoming races and about training plans we were doing. The time seemed to go really quickly and we both enjoyed the run.
Always time for a selfie...ooooh
Monday 14th March

I woke and sorted the washing out before work. I was determined to get back to some healthy eating after the weekends food and drink debauchery. I made myself a smoothie for breakfast and managed to rustle up enough stuff for a salad. Work seemed to go really quickly and I was soon driving to Argos to buy some new pillows and a duvet for Olivers room. (it was cheaper to buy them than get them cleaned). I sorted out the bedding and tidied up a bit when I got home then made some dinner. After dinner, everyone was settled so I nipped out for a run. Its my first race of the season on Saturday so I have to keep going this week. I completed my run and after a quick shower, put Oliver to bed then wrote up my blog about the LB awards before bed. Oliver was still off school and Joanne was still bad after the weekend. It was a good job her mum was on hand to help out.

Running: 8.59 miles / 1hr + 48sec / 7.05 min miles

Im tapering after this run - reducing my mileage, intensity and duration so Im running on fresh legs come Saturday. But today was a tempo session and I fired out of the door. I felt like crap all the way round and needed one too. I hadn't left enough time after my dinner before I went out and it bounced around in my stomach as I kept up a fast pace. I ran a night loop that is well lit so I didn't need a head torch on. My new GPS watch had arrived and I gave it a good run out to test its functions. It was so much better than my old one and it gave me lots of feedback on my run (cadence, vertical oscillation , heartrate and much more. Im going to use this data over the next few months to train a bit smarter and get me ready for the 100 miler.

I managed to keep my food down (or up!) and got home completing my night loop of 8.59 miles - the second fastest time Id ever ran it. This was great news , If I could run this strong after a busy weekend, knackered and with stomach ache, my race should be ok. I got home and had to run to the loo. If its one good thing about running is it certainly makes you regular! All the jiggling about and flexing of my stomach muscles makes me go nearly every time. However it does flush EVERYTHING out and the bathroom soon became a toxic gas hazard!:) I showered (once the smell had dissipated )before pouring over the mind boggling amount of data provided by my watch.

Tuesday 15th March

I had a lovely walk to work today in the sunshine and even had to take my jacket off. Work went quickly again today and I was soon walking home again. I made tea and tidied up before getting my foam roller out and do some maintenance on my legs after 2 days of heavy running. Im going to taper ready for the race on Saturday so Im taking it easy this week with plenty of walking, eating healthy foods and keeping myself well hydrated. Joanne went to bed as soon as I got in from work - the weekend has caused her a lot of pain. Oliver was feeling much better and we played for a bit before his bedtime.

Food Diary


Breakfast: 
Nutribullet Smoothie
Avaocado, spinach, mango, walnuts, sugar snap peas, Kiwi, Coconut water

Lunch
Smoked mackerel, Avocado and Mango salad with brown rice

Dinner
Salmon fillet with Vegetables and rice

Snacks
Banana, Greek yoghurt with berries, nuts and seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment