Monday 7 March 2016

A Quiet Weekend

Oliver has been fine all weekend, weve made sure he was settled and has had a relaxed, calm and low key weekend before he returns to school on Monday. Joanne and I are still in bits, but thats what being a parent does to you - Kids - who'd have em!! My diet had gone awry for the weekend, Id missed meals because I felt physically sick, picked at crap and struggled with it all weekend, BUT I never reached for the bottle once, although I really could of done with a glass of red! so no food diary this weekend!

Saturday 5th March

Both myself and Oliver got up and after breakfast I took him to my mums and went for a run. When I got back I managed to get Joanne to come clothes shopping with me for an outfit for the Love Barrow awards next Friday. After a quick nip to Debenhams, which was more than enough for Joanne, we came home and I went to work. We had a cracking show on, a tribute to Whitney Houston and it was excellent. I finished work late due as we had to get a conference ready for Monday morning and made my way home.

Running: 6.11 miles / 41 min / 6:43 min  / mile

I was still really down about what had happened with Oliver and was extremely worried about him and the effect it would have on us. He had calmed down and settled at my mums so I went for a run. Id had a good heart to heart chat with my Mum about it on Friday so she was aware of what had gone on and made Oliver as relaxed as he always is when hes there. After a big hug from my mum (42 years old and its still a cure all!!) I got home and sped out of the door.

I didn't have a plan, an idea of pace or distance, I just had to run. I didn't have time to get on the trails today so I ran along my old 10k loop of Walney, the route I had started running on 3 years ago. I had my Ipod on nice and loud and strode out to the music. I didn't think about anything, I just listened to my music. My watch beeped at a mile and I looked at the pace. It was about a 40 min 10k pace so I pushed the pace along and kept going, letting the faster pace focus me.

The road towards the beach was totally flooded, blocking my way. My mind weighed up the options and thought its just like "going on a bear hunt" I cant go over it, I cant go under it, I'll have to go through it. I laughed and rand through the middle of the freezing cold water. Splish, splosh, splish, splosh! It was about two foot deep in the middle and took me by surprise but I strode on. On the other side my shoes had filled completely full of water and felt like lead weights on my feet. The water had drained out by the end of the road, but the laces had soaked up most of the flood and come undone. I tied them and continued on down the beach path. My pace had dropped after the water hazard so I picked it back up again, breathing heavy but feeling great around the rest of the run

I came to the last mile of my loop and kicked the pace up a gear, feeling light and strong. Just before the 10k mark I bumped into a knackered looking mate, Paul, who had just nailed a Parkrun PB and ran home (nutter - hes as mad as me!). We had a brief breathless chat and we parted company, not before Id congratulated him on a great PB. I slowed for the last mile home and cooled down. It had been a good run, flexing my muscles and giving me an unexpected pacy 10k. Not my quickest (by 3 mins) but still fairly a fast pace that I was happy maintaining. I got home and showered then headed out to buy some new clobber!

Sunday 6th March

I was hoping to get out for an LSR with the lads but working late Saturday meant I would have been running on about 4 hrs sleep and after a stressful weekend already I could do with a morning off. It was Mothering Sunday so Oliver and I made some blueberry GF pancakes and took them up to the bedroom for Joanne with some gifts. After lunch, everyone was settled and Id done all my jobs, (I even managed to get the washing hung outside today!) I nipped out for 50mins for a run. I returned and made tea and got everything ready for the Morning - Oliver was back at school and we had a meeting with his head teacher so I wanted to be organised and not rushing around, stressing Oliver out..

Running: 6.54 miles / 7:19 min miles / 47min

It was a glorious winters day, with crystal clear skies and a low hanging, shining sun. I didnt want to leave Joanne and Oliver too long so I headed up to Biggar Bank and ran along the beach path. The views totally blew me away today.  In the east, The Isle of Man hung off the horizon like a cardboard cut out and I could see the outline of the mountains and hills so clearly. To the south,  Blackpool tower stretched high into the sky, its surrounding buildings on the prom, shining bright, reflecting the suns rays. To the North, Black Combe was covered in snow and led my eye west across the fells to the snow covered mountains of the lake district.

It was a glorious sight, filling me with energy and calming my mood. I ran without really registering what I was doing, just taking in the scenery and the beauty of the area. I love running on such a stunning day, the fresh air filling my lungs, clearing my thoughts and helping me to de-stress, its wonderful, uplifting and calming. I finished another pacy 10k and went home.


Monday 7th March

Oliver was a bit anxious on his return to school today but had a really good day and even got 17 out of 17 in his weekly spelling test (100% 6 weeks on the bounce smart arse - I wonder who he gets it from????). I was worried about him all day at work and had to work a bit later for a conference. Joanne had her first appointment with the chiropractor today and was left sore after it, but satisfied that he could help her. I got home and made dinner, sorted out some washing, tidied up and put my amazing boy to bed. Im so glad he was OK today and he seems happy again.

We've got a meeting with the school tomorrow to get him back on track. Its great to see the school trying so hard. Its a rest day for me today, so after writing this Im going to get my foam roller out and inflict my body to some pain while I watch Star Wars Rebels and have a mug of Horlicks before bed. Ive had a couple of decent nights sleep this weekend too! My Z bed arrived and Im temporarily sleeping downstairs until we get Joannes medication sorted out (its making her snore and be very restless in the night).  I starting to slowly feel human again!


Night Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment