Tuesday 8 March 2016

Starting to feel like the old me!

Tuesday 8th March

Its been a busy day today. I was up and out early to work this morning, we had 3 conferences all starting before 8am. After a packed day at work we had a meeting with Oliver's school to discuss how to help him move forward from his "blip". Oliver is still very stressed and is finding it difficult to settle back into daily school life even though he had a good day yesterday. The meeting went well and its really good that his school is willing to work with us to get to the bottom of Oliver's high anxiety and put strategies in place to cope with it.
We all got home and I sorted dinner out. I didn't have mine, I needed to go for a run so I nipped out while everyone was eating. I managed a pacy 7 miles and returned home, tidied up , did some washing, put the boy to bed and sat down to write this blog.

Running: 7.05miles / 6:54 min/miles / 48.38 mins

I knew I didn't have long tonight so for the third run in a row I decided on a 10k circuit. I warmed up outside the house for a few minutes and set off. My pace was near 7 min miles so after a mile I picked it up a bit and tried to keep under 7 min miles. I pushed around my loop uncomfortably hard but attainable throughout the run. I turned around at 5 miles and pushed back down the beach path the long way home as I felt really good, light and strong. My endurance is starting to come back and I'm managing quicker paced runs for longer distances. Its starting to feel like the old me again. I finished my run, had a shower and a big bowl of homemade chicken curry and rice. I'm off tomorrow and just learned that Joanne is going for lunch for her mums birthday so can you guess what I'm going to do?

Lee is going out for a running adventure :)


Food Diary

Breakfast
Nutribullet Smoothie : Avocado, spinach, pineapple, melon, pumpkin seeds, lime

Lunch
Homemade Chicken sausage casserole with rice (leftover from last nights dinner)

Dinner
Homemade Chicken Curry with brown rice.
Greek yoghurt with Blueberries

Snacks
2x Apples, banana, nuts and seeds, one of my sisters homemade ultra chia flapjacks mmmmm!



No comments:

Post a Comment