Thursday 20 August 2015

Busy Day....

Thursday
Its been a busy one today. My wifes cousins were up from Nottingham so we went to visit them straight after work and didn't get home until nearly 10pm. Housework and washing greeted me on my return and getting food ready for tomorrow. So my strength works out of the window for tonight, but I don't mind as my plan is quite flexible. I might even change Saturdays run and do a tempo Parkrun instead. I might see what the weather is doing and make my mind up then (Parkrun is quite slippy when wet).

Running: 7.2 miles   8:44/mi  steady pace

A cloudy miserable start to the day. My mind drifted on this mornings run. Ive only got two days at work left then 2 weeks off, so I was going through everything I needed to sort out. Also I was thinking a lot about my Wife, shes been very poorly the last few months and Ive been trying to come up with a master plan to get her back on her feet, with gentle walks, the same food I eat and some gentle stretches. I was also thinking about where to take my attempt at writing a book next.  If you didn't know, Im trying to write a book about my journey from an overweight, depressed carer to an Ultra Marathon runner.

A nice easy pace this morning and I felt ok throughout it.

Food Diary
Drinks:
Espresso, lots of bottled water, few coffees, Malted Chocolate Horlicks.

Breakfast:
Small bowl of mini shredded wheat with blueberries and skimmed milk.

Nutribullet: Spinach, celery, pineapple, melon, blackberries, blueberries, kiwi fruit, avocado, linseeds, chia seeds

Lunch
Spicy Mackerel, bacon and Couscous salad, Rocket leaves, cucumber, radish, mange tout, cherry tomatoes, celery, beetroot,

Fat free Greek yoghurt with handful of fruit

Snacks
2x apples, handful of nuts and seeds

Dinner:
Chicken Pesto, with whole wheat pasta, peppers and olives.

No comments:

Post a Comment