Sunday 16 August 2015

Food for thought...

Sunday Food Diary:

Recovery:
I made a recovery protein shake after this mornings LSR. I don't like the "milkshake flavour" protein shakes from health food shops so I make my own:



Hemp protein, BaoBab Powder ( some superfruit stuff I found in the cupboard), Honey, Milk, Blueberries, Blackberries, Lime, Strawberries and Chia Seeds. Blitzed in a Nutribullet!!

Post Run Breakfast:
Slice of Wholemeal toast with poached egg and a few beans.

Lunch:
Leftover Homemade Chilli and Rice

Snacks
Handful of nuts and seeds, 1 apple, pieces of melon, small square of 85% Dark Choc.

Dinner:
Roast Chicken with Sweet Potato Cajun Wedges, Roast Parsnips, Orange basted Carrots and Gorgonzola Broccoli.



A very naughty slice of fruit flan with elmlea ( well I had run 20miles today!!)

Drinks:
Lots of water to rehydrate after my LSR ( I use pee colour to judge levels of dehydration - Brown = Bad,  Clear/ Straw colour = Good)
A few coffees.

Supplement:
Amino Acid Tablet x 2

No comments:

Post a Comment