Friday 14 August 2015

Its got to start somewhere

HES NOT MENTAL ...HES AN ULTRARUNNER

A little bit about me.
This is me running my first Ultra. I'm a 42 year old loving father and husband. I care for my disabled wife and Autistic son, work full time and before you ask, no I'm not mental....I'm an Ultra Runner!
I started running 2 and a half years ago for health reasons but it also deeply affected my mental health too. I used suffer from depression because of my situation and could not see a future for myself. Running became and still is my therapy and has changed my life completely.

This is my first post of a new blog. I ran an Ultra Marathon back in June 2015 and I loved it. So much Ive signed up for another one.

I wanted somewhere to keep all my training plans, nutrition, ideas and thoughts so I thought I would try a blog.

My next Ultra is "Lakes in A Day" in October and its a 50mile route across the English Lake District. Its in about 7 weeks time. I ran a marathon race last week so my fitness is still ok but I need to improve it over the next few months.

Im just putting the final touches to my plan and will post it when its done.

No comments:

Post a Comment