Monday 17 August 2015

Tell me Why, I dont like..

Mondays...

Not much going on today. Its a scheduled rest day so Im not running until the morning. I don't get frustrated anymore, rest days used to drive me crazy, but I now understand their importance. I did my usual walk to work but got a lift home as the Mrs had me looking at kitchens after work!!

For the first time today I walked with my Garmin on and it was interesting as I thought the distance was further. Its just 1.74 miles and I thought it was over 2! Im going to try and remember to log all my walking throughout my "experiment" and see what the net result is.

Tonight Im going to put together my strength workout and I will post it when Ive finalised it. Its probably going to be lots of core with some leg  and upper body strength work.


DIET!!!
A note about my food diary's. Im NOT on a diet, I don't count calories and I don't measure anything out. Im just trying to eat as healthily as I can and Im more interested in the nutrient contents of my food than anything else. My outlook on food since Ive started running has changed massively, I think more of it as fuel now.
 I like the idea of eating food that the human body was "designed" for: ie nuts, seeds, fruit, vegetables, pulses and some meat, but nothing processes ( although everything in moderation - Ive got a week away on holiday at the end of the month so my choices may be limited ;) )

Monday Food Diary

Breakfast
Nutribullet veggie smoothie: 
Spinach, avocado, blackberries, blueberries, ginger, pineapple, melon, lime.

Lunch:
Goats cheese and walnut salad.
Baby leaves and pea shoots (aldi salad bag), cucumber, radish, celery, walnuts, baby tomatoes, beetroot, goats cheese and quinoa. Small amount of dressing.

Fat free Greek yoghurt with a handful of blueberries

Snacks
Cherries, grapes, apple, pear, banana, handful or nuts and seed mix.

Dinner:
Roast Chicken (last nights leftover) with rice, broccoli, carrots, parsnips and a homemade tomato ragu sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment