Saturday 22 August 2015

Sunrise

Its my first back to back long runs for a while. My plan has me down for a 14 miles Sat and 26 miles Sun. It might sound a lot but I will be running a lot further in one day than them both accumulated come race day. The theory behind it is for it to simulate running on tired legs so you get used to the feeling. If I were to run 40 miles, my body would get hammered and the recovery would take too long (at least a week or two) so its much better to be constant with the mileage.
Ive been a busy boy today; running, shopping, cooking and house working. Hopefully I can sit down later for 5 minutes!! Im getting tired now so I definitely need an early night!

Running - 13.98miles   9:04/mi  Easy pace

Alarm 5am. I woke straight away and laid there considering what to do (or fighting the part of me that didn't want to get up!!). After a few minutes I didn't think give in to the voices and got out of bed. I got ready and headed out. As I ran towards Jubilee Bridge, the sun crept up behind the DDH and lit up Walney channel. I had my sports camera with me (I got it for my birthday - a Chinese cheap go-pro rip off!!) and snapped the sunrise:
Sunrise across Walney Channel
I carried on, running a route Ive not done for a while. Its an out and back from Walney to Lindal and is exactly 7 miles from my house the Lindal boundary sign. I really like this route, its uphill all the way out so its perfect for a negative split run, it also passes a public toilet and plenty of shops en route. It was a good run out and I was back in plenty of time as I had a lot to do.


Food Diary

Nutribullet Post run protein shake:
Peanut butter, pineapple, skimmed milk, honey, rolled oats, hemp protein, chia seeds

Post Run Breakfast
2 Slices of wholemeal toast with 2 poached eggs and a spoonful of baked beans

Lunch:
Chicken and Mango Fajitas: Wholemeal Tortilla wrap, Chicken breast, peppers, avocado, fresh mango, herbs and spices, a little crème fraise, mango dressing, rocket side salad

Snacks:
Handful of nuts and seeds, 1x apple,  1 x fruit and oats bar (A new range in asda, Ive bought them for fuelling on my long run and wanted to try them first!!)

Dinner:
Steamed Salmon and Pak Choi with Wholemeal Noodles and Vegetable stir fry.
Fat Free Greek Youghurt with Blueberries and milled linseed topping.

Im not doing any strength work on my back to back weekends, that's just a bit too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment