Friday 21 August 2015

Last day of work for 2 weeks

I finally have got to the end of a busy week. I'm really looking forward to spending some time with the family over the next two weeks. Ive logged a good week of miles so far. Its been a good, easy week of running to build my mileage and endurance base up. Next week I will incorporate a tempo session and a hill session to my workouts and push the miles up a bit.

Exercise:

Running: 7.14 miles  9:09/mi  Easy pace

5am alarm.. off. 5.05 alarm went off and I made myself get up. Im quite tired after a busy week, but I got up and had an espresso and headed out about 5.40am. After a minutes warm up I forgot about the tiredness and drifted off into my mind to sort the world out. The miles ticked by this morning relatively easily as I was just thinking about everything I had to do today.
As I ran along the coastal path the tide was just coming In. It made that fantastic roaring noise as it powered over the shale and shingle bringing with it the unmistakable salty air, so strong I could taste it. I love running along by the sea, its uplifting and really sets me up for the coming day.

What started out as a tired slog quickly became a lovely mornings run.

Walking:
Work and back approx. 3.5 miles total

Strength and Core Workout



Food Diary:

Drinks:
Lots of bottled water, a few coffees, 1 espresso,  Horlicks malted hot chocolate.

Breakfast
Mini Shredded Wheat with Blueberries, skimmed milk and a drizzle of honey.

Lunch
Tuna Nicoise, Can of tuna, boiled egg, rocket leaves, fresh garden herbs (parsley, basil and thyme), cucumber, radish, cherry tomatoes, celery, olives, Quinoa, little bit of gorgonzola I found in the fridge..mmmm.

Tuna Nicoise Salad
Fat free Greek Yoghurt with a handful of fruit.

Snacks:
Handful of nuts and seeds, 2x apples

Dinner:
Mediterranean Pork steak with risotto, tomato ragu and a corn on the cob
Fat Free Greek Yoghurt with Nuts and seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment