Wednesday 19 August 2015

Its coming together nicely.

Wednesday


Running: 7.23miles. Steady Pace - 8.29m/mile avg

Alarm at 5am. I didn't get too good a nights sleep last night. My wifes been really poorly lately and her new medication is giving her a very restless night. Shes still in a lot of pain and its quite a worry.

Anyway, I left her in bed asleep, remembered to check my stats on the weighing scales (see vitals) and had my usual espresso. I had all of my run gear ready downstairs so I didn't disturb anyone. I headed out about 5:30am for a steady run. It was quite blustery as I made my way around the Walney coastline. It was cloudy again so there wasn't much to see. I decided to have a few miles monitoring my running form. So I concentrated on keeping my core engaged, my foot strikes very light (Like a Ninja!!), my shoulders relaxed and my gaze ahead. I felt really good doing this for a few miles.
The reverse loop I did today gives me some good views of the West Lancashire coastline and Blackpool tower was just visible as I ran down the coastal path.
A nice run although I did feel a little tired perhaps from a poor nights sleep. I was also very hungry when I returned so I had a bowl of cereal and fruit. I might have to up my food intake I will keep an eye on it over the next few days.

Training plans:

About my plan.
Ive based the plan on Hal Koerners plans in his book. They worked well for my last ultra and Ive tweaked them to suit my fitness, pace and busy life. My core exercises and strength work will probably change over the weeks but its fine for me now.

The master plan!
Starting Vitals:

Weight - 11 stone 9 (Im not too bothered about this, Im happy around this weight)
BMI - 24 (In my opinion BMI is total bullshit!!. A BMI of 24 puts me 1 below obese!! It doesn't take into account muscle density and some pro athletes have way above 25!)
BF- 22.4 (THIS is my objective. Im strong and rock solid around my stomach but its covered in a thin layer of fat. Its coming off if it likes it or not!!)
Water content - 57% (must mean I'm full of pee!!)

Walking:
1.74 mile walk to work and back.


Food Diary

Breakfast:
Small bowl of mini shredded wheat with blueberries.

Nutribullet Veggie Smoothie: Spinach, Avocado, Pineapple, pepper, blueberries almonds, banana.

Lunch:
Roasted vegetable and Sweet Potato Frittata with Spinach salad, cucumber, olives, crumbled goats cheese, pepper, mange tout and Beetroot.

Fat free Greek Yoghurt with handful of fruit.

Dinner:
Homemade chicken and chick pea curry with Brown whole wheat rice and quinoa topped with a dollop of low fat crème fraise and basil.

Chicken and Chick Pea Curry
Snacks:
Handful of nuts dried fruit and seed mix.
Banana, 2x apples, Small square of 85% dark chocolate.

Strength and core workout followed by stretch session.


No comments:

Post a Comment