Saturday 15 August 2015

I have a cunning plan.....

Right then. Ive had a good think about my goals for my next Ultra. Here they are.

1. Compete and finish in the top ten.
I finished 11th in my last ultra, so I would really like to get into the top ten and even one day get on the podium, but its a bit to early in my career for that. Top ten is a bit subjective though as you never know who enters. I might be unlucky and the GB Ultra squad use it for a training session or 20 elites enter. Unless they are all big names I will never know, so I always look at last years times for an Idea of placing's.

2. Be as Physically ready as I can be.
Im fairly fit already but could be better. Follow a training plan 100%, fuel clean, stretch and core workouts. My weekly GB Bootcamps isn't on until September so I will have to supplement my strength work.

3.Be prepared for anything.
After the random disasters of my last ultra (broken watch, tripping up and missing a turning) I need to be ready for  the unknown. This means training without a watch ( I will still carry my garmin but in my bag) and running to feel.

4. Be prepared for the hills and mountains.
Just to get more training in the hills.

5. Learn to navigate properly.
I can do the basics but I need to brush up and improve. I also need to do it on the run so I don't lose time.

We all know what training we should do, what we should eat, when we should sleep and rest.

 BUT..

What happens if, for the next 7 weeks, I do exactly that. Sleep, eat and train like an athlete?

Well Im gonna find out. This is a personal experiment to see how hard I can push myself, mentally and physically. Starting tomorrow Im going to log everything I eat, every training session and every walk I do.

Lets see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. This is teeing up to be an EPIC daily read!!,.....can't wait!

    ReplyDelete