Sunday 23 August 2015

I hate ironing!



A great run today and I feel surprisingly good after it. I had a quick dip in a bath of mineral salts after my run and it was lovely and relaxing. My wife hasn't been feeling too good today, shes coming off some strong medication (the side effects were too bad) and its made her dizzy and nauseous. She was in and out of bed for most of the day. Oliver and I had some fun making a massive Hotwheels track in the garden after lunch and he was VERY excited at the prospect of making pizza for Dinner. He got a bit over stimulated a few times and I just averted meltdowns on a couple of occasions (coping strategies!). A massive basket of ironing had been staring at me all day so I cracked into it after dinner. I absolutely, utterly hate ironing. Im no good at it and it takes me forever, but we don't get a lot of help so I don't have a choice. Did I tell you I hate ironing? After all that, Oliver and I killed the Ender dragon in minecraft and he went to bed happy. My body, although Im tired, feels fine and Im hopeful it will tomorrow too. PS.. I hate ironing.

Running - 26.44 miles - 9:27/mi    4:09:56 hrs

Alarm 5am. Got straight up and got ready downstairs. I knew what I had to do today so I was up for it. I set off about 5:40 and caught a great sunrise from the top of the slag banks:

Sunrise from the top of the Slag Banks
I carried on and felt amazingly fluid this morning. The hills came and went and I still felt good. I was amazed at this after a long week of running. I got to the half way point in under two hours and stopped for a few minutes to refuel and take in the view from Roa Island:

Then it was a flat second half and I felt like my pace increased slightly, I still felt surprisingly, really good. The sun was getting higher in the sky and the heat and humidity rose with it. As I made my way onto Walney for the final 6 miles it was really hot and sticky. Luckily the toilets on West shore have decent drinking water and I topped both my bottles up. The last two miles became a slog as the sun beat down and if I was out any longer I reckon I would have burned. I had nearly polished off a litre of water in the last 3 miles. I got home, had a protein drink and stretched for about 25 minutes in the back garden.

An epic run and its given me confidence for the longer runs to come. I hope its a sign of my fitness increasing. Time will tell. Rest day tomorrow and I need it!!!

Food Diary:

Pre Run Breakfast:
2x Protein "Fuel" bricks (Weetabix with added protein), skimmed milk and Blueberries. Espresso

Run Nutrition:
3x Sports Gels, 2x Asda Oat Bars, 2x Electrolyte Tablets, 2 litres water (it was very warm today)

Protein Shake:
Pina Colada Protein Shake : Fresh Pineapple, Coconut and Almond milk, lime, hemp powder.

Post Run:
Mini Shredded Wheat with skimmed milk and Blueberries

Lunch
Chicken and Mango Wrap with salad leaves and Levi Roots BBQ Sauce mmmm!!!

Snacks:
2x apples, rice crackers with houmous, salted cashews

Dinner:
Homemade pizza made with wholemeal flour, homemade tomato and basil sauce, peppers, tomato, chicken, ham, chorizo, left over goats cheese and gorgonzola, sprinkling of low fat grated cheddar. Oliver made these with me this afternoon and he loved them!

 I hate ironing!




No comments:

Post a Comment