Tuesday 25 August 2015

Its all downhill from here...

Back into training again after yesterdays rest day. I ran 7 miles this morning, had a bit of time in the kitchen and made some humus then we went out for a gentle walk after lunch. We walked the Abbey path, past Parkhouse Dairies for a mile, turned around and walked back. Oliver doesn't like walking far and I had to motivate him quite a few times. On the return I took him up to the top of the Amphitheatre for a view of Furness Abbey and for a crash course in downhill technique. He was right on the edge of excitement and fear as I took his hand and started running (slowly) down the hill. He laughed his head off as we descended, saying he was going to fall all the way down but we didnt. I managed to control him and the descent just enough to keep it exciting for him. He loved it and so did I! Its great sharing little moments like that with him. I absolutely love being a dad!

Furness Abbey from the top of the Amphitheatre


Running: 7.2miles     9.15/mil  Recovery pace

Im not at work this week so I don't have to get up earlier. The alarm went off at 6am. I still have to get out before Oliver gets up, as he gets upset if I try and go out when hes awake.
I set off and if Im honest it was a bloody slog for the first 2 miles. Considering how good I felt yesterday, this morning I felt lethargic and my lower back was very stiff (probably from sleeping prone last night). However after the first couple of miles I warmed into the run and started to enjoy it. The tide was nearly in as I ran along the coastal path and it had brought a light breeze with it which made it feel cool. Further along the beach I heard the familiar screeching of a massive flock of Oyster catchers as they waded in the shallow water. Its such an amazing sight seeing so many of the black and white birds on the shore and they would be really well camouflaged against the pebbles if they didn't make such a racket! I warmed up a bit on the return leg of the run and stripped off my tshirt to my vest and enjoyed the breezes cooling effect as I made my way along the prom.
What started out as a crappy run finished as a nice morning jog around Walney.

Strength, core and mobility workout


Food Diary:

Breakfast:
Nutribullet Veggie Smoothie: Banana, Almonds, Kale, strawberries, apple, blueberries and pineapple.

Lunch:
Wholemeal Wrap with homemade humus, smoked salmon pieces, spinach and asparagus tips with a small side salad and some amazing Orange and Mustard dressing which came with the salmon (from aldi £1.99!!)

Salmon Wraps, homemade humus, breakfast smoothie ingredients.


Snacks:
Asda GFY fruit bar, 2x apples, banana, 2 "thins" crackers with humus.

Dinner:
Gammon with Spelt grains, Peppercorn mushrooms and leeks, orange carrots and maple mustard sprouts (sprouts sound weird but they are a taste sensation!!)

1 scoop of homemade raspberry, honey and coconut sorbet

Drinks:
My usual pre run espresso, lots of bottled water and a few coffees, topped off with a ginger and honey tea.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment