Thursday 11 February 2016

Dont listen to those voices in your head!

Thursday 11th Feb 

Joanne was in a lot of pain last night and only slept on and off for an hour, so consequently I didnt get much sleep either. I was knackered when I got up and went straight to make some breakfast and some lunch for myself to take to work. After Id sorted Oliver and Joanne out I had a brisk walk to work. After another busy day at work I walked home, I was still quite tired. My new running backpack had arrived but I left it unopened until I had done my jobs. There was a big pile of washing to get through as well as making the tea and tidying up. After I sorted all that out I had a check over of my new bag.

My other race pack was only 7ltrs and I struggled to get some race kit into it so Ive gone up to a 12ltr for the Lakeland 100. Also the water bottles are 750ml instead of 500ml, a good size but I will have to watch the extra weight.

Raidlight Ultra Olmo 12ltr
Tonight I was due a Tabata session in the Garage! The voices had already started, gnawing at me, chipping away with their incessant babbling, trying to get me not to go outside. They kept saying "its cold", "your tired", "you ran yesterday and need a rest day" and on and on, pulling excuses like a schoolboy whose dog had chewed his homework. But there is only one voice I listen to. Its a voice of reason, desire and commitment. I got quietly changed and didnt give in to the voices.

In the garage it was cold but I knew I would warm up after a couple of minutes treadmill work. I pushed really hard tonight and felt much better and more in control. I pushed my plank PB out to 4:26:8min tonight too. I feel Im getting stronger every day so I keep on pushing myself - I want to see what I can do.

Tonights Tabata menu.

After my workout I came inside and my new running backpack was on the side. Oliver had tried it on and modeled it for his mum and his toys. Joanne took a great picture. He then told me he wanted a new bag and that he had a challenge he wanted to do. It was to run the length of Walney! I told him I was off for a few days next week so we could  go out running together and he was made up. I cant wait! Im so proud of him, he inspires me everyday with the way he greets life and I love him to bits for it!

My amazing little man!

I put him to bed a bit later but he wont go to sleep at the moment and doubled with Joanne not sleeping is making my nights not very relaxing. I hope they both get a good nights sleep and soon!

Food Diary

Breakfast
Nutribullet Veggie Smoothie: Spinach, avocado, sugar snap peas, celery, cucumber, pineapple, pear, root ginger and Brasil nuts

Lunch
Chicken and Ham salad with wild rice, beetroot and avocado
Chicken and Ham salad
Dinner
Gammon, egg and pineapple with spicy sweet potato fries and wilted chili spinach.
Gammon with Spicy sweet potato fries
Snacks
Nuts and Seeds, 2x apples, banana

Drinks
Lots of bottled water, coffee


No comments:

Post a Comment