Monday 15 February 2016

Rest Days


I had a rest day yesterday and a day off with the family. It was a beautiful, sunny and crisp winters day so we drove up to the coast road for an Ice - cream. Oliver and I played on the sand for a while before coming home and we had a great laugh.
Its a bit of a family tradition on Valentines day to have a nice meal, so Oliver chose "Daddys Burger Parlour" for tea. That's his name for our kitchen and we had fun making some burgers. We both love cooking together and there is lots of "taste testing" that goes on especially by Oliver!
I didn't take a diary of my food, as you know what they say, "A little bit of what you fancy..." and I was a bit stiff from Saturdays run so some extra food and glycogen wouldn't go amiss.

Monday 15th Feb:

I was off today so I got up early and went to get my hair cut and do a couple of jobs in town. On my return, Joanne wasn't too well and really tired so she went back to bed. I read the signs and knew because of the pain and lack of sleep from all the restless nights shes been having, that I probably wouldn't see her for the rest of the day ( I was correct!). I on the other hand had some jobs to do and set about them. 

Our summer house/shed had been ravaged by the storms over Christmas and needed some new roof felt. It was virtually the first day it hadn't been windy since, so I took advantage and put a new roof covering on it. Oliver was in and out and we kept a keen eye on each other. After the roof I cleaned the car, did 4 lots of washing (where the hell it comes from I don't know, I'm sure someone comes in and empties our wardrobes into the wash basket.), cooked, tidied and started to sort my garage gym out. I've now got the wall painted and most of the floor down (recycled mats from Oliver's old play area) and its going to be great when it all dries. 

After tea I got up and my Achilles was very tight, no doubt due to the rock solid calf I was waddling around on. I couldn't leave Oliver for a run today anyway, so I'm just going to get on the foam roller tonight and do a bit of maintenance. I will get out for a run tomorrow. I'm going to take Oliver trail running in the morning which will be brilliant, muddy fun then I will nip out myself :)

Food Diary:

Breakfast:
Porridge with brasil nuts and chia seeds
Nutty Porridge - bloody lovely

Lunch
Homemade Moroccan Spiced Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup with a GF roll

Moroccan Spiced Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup and a poncy swizzle of creme frais!
Dinner
Grilled Salmon with brown and wild rice, char grilled peppers, asparagus and a bit of sauce that came with the salmon from Aldi (watercress I think)

 
Salmon, rice and veggies


Snacks 
(Ive not been particularly hungry between meals today, probably all the crap I ate yesterday!)
1x Apple

Drinks
Water and Coffee


No comments:

Post a Comment