Monday 8 February 2016

Last week catch up

I had a crazy, busy week at work and home and just didnt get time to write anything up. So here is a quick recap:
Tuesday 2nd Feb
I was at work early morning for a conference which went really well. After a long day I had the Love Barrow camera crew coming round to get some footage of me. They got some shots of the family on the sofa then filmed Oliver and I making Pizza and me doing some chores. It was good fun and Oliver really enjoyed the experience. I hope it turns out on the video ok!!!

Oliver and Toad helping me to make pizza
Wednesday 3rd Feb
After a really hectic week I had a midweek day off as I was working the following weekend. I managed (and Ive got no idea how!) to sleep in until 10am. I got up and chilled out for a couple of hours, playing on my xbox. It’s unlike me to sit down but I was so exhausted. After lunch it was a glorious winters afternoon, the sun was shining so I got my running things on and went for a run. 10.3 miles later I got home feeling amazing. I did the rest of my jobs until the end of the day.
This was a picture someone took from a drone on Wednesday from high above Walney.
You can just see me on the shore ;)
Thursday 4th Feb
I was duty officer for the Manchester Camerata Orchestra that evening, so after I had got the house sorted and meals made I went out for a steady 9 mile run and it was epic.

Run details

Friday 5th Feb
Again I was Duty Officer for the Evening so I had a window of opportunity to go for a run. Another 9 miles ensued and I was starting to feel good again. The fitness is coming along nicely. That evening Heather Small of MPEOPLE fame was on at work. She was AMAZING!!! I love my job.

Heather Small at the forum. Bloody Brilliant performance
Saturday 6th Feb
I was at work in the morning and a bit stiff from the previous days running, so a rest day was in order. After work we had been invited to my cousins birthday Race Night. We drove up and left the car so I could have a drink (or 6!) and had a really enjoyable evening with my family.
Sunday 7th Feb
I woke up with a bit of a thick head and lounged around until lunchtime. After that I did some chores around the house and put my running stuff on to run and collect the car. I set off and instantly felt too hot. After 2 miles I stripped some layers off and instantly felt cooler, light and strong. Id got out some of my old road shoes for today as the route was mostly pavement and the skipped me along at a decent pace. I just ran to feel and relaxed, keeping my breathing slow and deep. I never once looked at my watch. At the end of the run I glanced at the display. Id ran 8.5 miles at sub 8min pace. Now thats not too bad a pace and my confidence grew throughout the run. I got home and entered the Cartmel 18k trail race. Its in 5 weeks so my challenge is to see if I can get race fit in that time. Im going to start my food diary, training plan and strength work tomorrow.
Thats if for last week. Proper daily blog starts next.......

No comments:

Post a Comment