Thursday 25 February 2016

Your avin a Giraffe!

Thursday 25th February

I was off work today as Im working Saturday night this week. Its been a quiet day really, I did the housework and went for a run before lunch then went to get some craft supplies to make Olivers homework. Joannes been in bed for most of the afternoon in pain. After a quick trip to the Range, I picked Oliver up from school and together we made a Giraffe head mask for World Book Day next week.

Working Hard and having fun! Watch out mate thats hot!
We had a laugh making it and he did really well considering its quite hard to keep him focused on something for long.
"Gerald" from the book,Giraffes Cant Dance. Didn't Oliver do well!

Later on he wanted to start his other homework for Geography, making a house from and Indian village. We built a little hut out of bamboo and raffia for his project. We both enjoyed making them although he did get his finger burnt on the hot glue gun! (he was fine)

Running 9.18 miles / 8:41 min miles / 1 hr 19 min

My calves, especially my right one were really stiff, rock solid and sore today. I think its from changing shoes to do speed work in yesterday. My trail and road shoes have different heel to toe drops in them and can make a difference over a few miles, making my calves ache. I set off and just sat back and let my body drive me along, running to feel and not worrying about pace.

I started to warm up a bit as I came up to the trails on North Walney and made my way around the usual paths. When Id reached the half way point, I sat on top of the largest sand dune and took in the incredible view. Like Tuesday, the sky was so clear and crisp that I could see for miles. To my right, out to the west laid the Isle of Man, breaching the horizon like a mighty leviathan waiting to strike. Swinging around to the north was Black Combe only a few miles away in Millom. It lies right on the edge of the Western Lake district and I followed its skyline around to the east, taking in all the mountains and fells of the lake district.

They seemed so sharp in my vision, the faded palette of green grass, amber and brown heaths and the pristine white, snow topped mountains filled me with awe. I really cant remember a time when I've been able to see so far and so clearly.

I turned around and made my way back through the very sharp sea grass on the tops of the dunes and my legs became pin cushions for the needle like blades of grass.
Mini puncture wounds, I felt a bit of a prick!
 It was then along the coast to Biggar Bank, keeping my pace steady but feeling light. I got home and had a really deep stretch outside and a homemade chocolate protein shake. It was a great run but after just shy of 50 miles ran since Sunday, Im ready for my rest day tomorrow.

Food Diary


Breakfast:
Natural live yoghurt topped with granola

Post run
Nutribullet Chocolate Protein Shake : Chocolate Milk, Avocado, coconut milk, natural yoghurt, chia seeds
Lovely!


Lunch
Warm Chicken salad with Quinoa and Avocado

Chicken Salad
Dinner
Minced Beef Tacos with side salad

Beef Tacos
Snacks
Rice crackers with humous


No comments:

Post a Comment