Wednesday 17 February 2016

New Gym is open for business

Wednesday 17th February

Its been another quiet day today, my last day off before returning to work tomorrow. Joanne didn't look well this morning and soon returned to bed. I really wanted to get out for a run today, but with Joanne poorly I couldn't, so Oliver and I had a play for a bit then after lunch I finished off the garage ready to open my new "Gym". The beauty of having a home gym area is that I can keep an eye on Oliver and still get a workout.

The Hurt Locker
I get quite down when Joannes ill and in bed all day, Her M.E. is very hard to come to terms with sometimes as it feels like its almost a sleeping sickness. It totally annihilates her physically and all she can do is rest or sleep. Its still a mystery illness as far as medicine is concerned and normally disappears after a period as mysteriously as it first appears! It a very frustrating illness for all of us.

After tea, Oliver brought his toys into the garage for an induction and a workout!! Mario was on the treadmill and a minecraft tame wolf was doing the plank! I love my random life! After Oliver had played for a while he went back inside and I was determined for a workout, so I stayed for a while longer.

 I put in a good workout tonight, quite reminiscent of my bootcamp days, pushing myself a bit harder than last week. Ive found a good Tabata Timer online and its a good workout using it. I PB'ed my plank again tonight, stretching it out to 4:55:05 min. My fitness is building nicely and my core strength is definitely coming back!

I stretched out and went for a hot bath before bed.

Food Diary:

Breakfast:
Nutribullet Smoothie: Spinach, Avocado, Sugar Snap Peas, Celery, cashew nuts, pineapple, root ginger

Lunch:
Chicken and Chorizo Pesto Gluten Free Pasta

Dinner:
Homemade Fish Pie with a sweet potato topping and Sugar Snap Peas

Fish Pie
Snacks
I've noticed I don't snack when Im at home, I must start to eat more fruit when I'm off.

Drinks
Coffee, water, chocolate horlicks

No comments:

Post a Comment