Friday 12 February 2016

Ready for a recce!

Friday 12th Feb.

Another sleepless night has left me very tired and very stressed. It was a massive job to get up and get everyone motivated this morning, so much so that I was late for work (only by 5 mins and Im on flexi time anyway). I was very stressed and unhappy as I walked to work this morning, it made me feel very down, a great start to the day! It was my last day at work until the following Thursday so I put in my shift and came home. I smashed in a 10k after work when Oliver was with his carer, than made tea, washed, tidied up and sorted everything out. I was knackered.

Halfway through yesterday I had a brain wave. My mum has Oliver on a Saturday and Im off so why dont I just F*%K off by myself for a day of trail running, clear my head and re-energise. Awesome Idea! I set about planning and Im going to do the Ambleside to Coniston leg of the Lakeland 100. Ive done some of the route so it wont be too bad. Im going to park at Coniston, get the bus to Ambleside then run back.

Ambleside - Chapel Stile - Dungeon Ghyll - Blea Tarn - Little Langdale - High Tiberthwaite to Blue Quarries and down to Coniston about 16 miles!

I packed all my stuff into my new pack including all my safety gear and some food, all ready for the morning. I feel better already just getting ready for it!


Im off for a soak in a hot bath of epsom salts with a glass of Chianti and a big bowl of olives, then an early night.

Running : 5.64 miles   7:56 min mile avg  46 min

I set off and took my usual route up to north scale and the trails. The sun was setting and I didnt have a torch with me so I didnt venture too far (and Oliver was due back) so I turned around after 20 min and ran down the beach for a while. I joined the beach path and cantered back home. It felt like a good stretch of my legs ready for my LSR recce tomorrow.

Food Diary:


Nutribullet Smoothie - Spinach, pear, Banana, apple, porridge oats, almonds, honey

Lunch
Tuna Niscoise Salad


Dinner
(Oliver brought a Pizza hut takeaway back with him and I was starving when I got in from my run, so two pieces of pepperoni pizza "accidentally" fell into my mouth!!)
Homemade Chicken Korma with Brown Basmati Rice and a poppadom

Drinks
Water, coffee ad a big ass glass of red wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment