Wednesday 23 September 2015

15 days and counting...

That's all it is, 15 days until my Ultra Marathon. Im really looking forward to it, Ive trained really well  and hit all my training targets so far. Ive got to keep the momentum up now and not let any negativity come into my head (eg: have I trained enough, am I fit enough, can I do it?). This is just a natural response to stress and nerves and I know not to listen to it, shut it out and focus.
Its been a hard two days to fit everything in and still be able to function as Ive been really busy at both ends of the candle.
I was at work again for 7am this morning and like always the walk to work, woke me up and freshened my mind ready for a busy day. The sunrise flooded the channel as I crossed the bridge, offering up another photo opportunity.

Sunrise across the Channel
I had a backstage tour with some children from a school today. The excellent school teaches children with learning difficulties and they were learning about Theatres. They were an extremely lively bunch and I loved every minute of showing them round the stage and letting them have a go on the sound and lighting desks. They were so exited and it gave me immense pleasure and warmed my heart seeing the smiles on their faces. One little boy was quite shy but he had a go on a microphone Id set up and he was off into his very own rendition of "Let it Go!", it was beautiful. I had a lovely time showing them round.

After a walk home from work, I made some Veg Curry, tidied up and sorted the boy out, ready for a run later.

Running: 8.6 miles  8:30/mi  1:10hrs


I could have easily stayed in tonight, I was knackered but not too much to train, so I laced up my shoes and headed out in to the cool night. I ran the same circuit as last night, slowing down the pace a bit from yesterdays run. I slipped into a bit of a trance tonight, probably from being tired. I was really thinking about my race, how to pace it, whether to attack it or go easy. I didn't any answers today, so I mentally retraced the parts of the run Id done before, remembering  each part , committing them to deeper memories. I returned home after a dark yet very warm run about 10pm.
I was totally wrecked and really hungry. I had a shower and listened to what my body was asking for so I sat with my feet raised and had a supper of oatcakes topped with cottage cheese and beetroot, humus and olives plus a few pieces of boiled ham. I was going to get up early and go for a run but I think a good 7 or 8 hours sleep will do me much more benefit than 7 or 8 miles. I will go for a run tomorrow evening instead.

Food Diary:

Breakfast:
Mini Shredded Wheat with Blueberries and skimmed milk

Lunch:
Turmeric seared chicken salad with Beetroot, wild rice and black Kale.

Turmeric Seared Chicken Salad

Dinner:
Homemade Vegetable and bean Curry with Brown Rice

Vegetable and bean Curry
Bowl of Greek Yoghurt with Blueberries.

Snacks:
2x Apples, Banana, nuts and seeds, flapjack bar, oatcakes with cottage cheese and beetroot

No comments:

Post a Comment