Monday 7 September 2015

Backblog..Monday 31st August


Monday 31st August

Rest day today. We are also on holiday today and are going to Lakeland Caravan Park at Flookburgh not far from our home. Both Oliver and Joanne are not good at travelling far so we have to keep it near. Ive been very stressed today, Im not a fan of going on holiday. “Are you mad” I hear you all say. No, unfortunately being a carer doesn't miraculously stop the second you get on holiday. I have to pack for everyone, sort all the food out, carry everything, unpack it all, cook etc etc.
I never feel like I can fully relax when we are away and almost feel like a holiday is wasted on me. It makes me feel quite sad and Im very down today, sorry to offload but this is a warts and all blog and its the reason why I run I suppose. Its made 10 times worse as Im not running today either.

Future Goals
 The 2016 Montane Lakeland 100 miler is open for entries tomorrow. Im going out to see if I can find a signal to log on and try and enter! Scary shit!

Last Weeks Run totals
I think it was about 70 miles this week including good tempo and hill sessions (I cant check because there is no internet here . Overall a great week of running, I nailed all of my sessions and comfortably managed the 30miler on Sunday although my legs were tired towards the end (which they should be). I feel really like Im achieving everything I set out to do so far. Im on my lower mileage week this week (youd think I planned it to coincide with my week away wouldnt you! ;) )

Food Diary

Breakfast:
Large Bowl of Mini Shredded Wheat with Blueberries and Skimmed Milk

Lunch
Ham and Cheese Omelette with a rocket salad

Dinner
Chicken Fajitas with Nachos and Salsa dips

Snacks
2x Asda Oat Bars, 2x Apples, Banana, Handful of nuts and seeds.


No comments:

Post a Comment