Monday 7 September 2015

Backblog.. Tuesday 1st September


Blog Tuesday 1st September

I woke early today and popped out after breakfast. Entry was open for the 2016 Lakeland 100 at 9am. It sells out in about 10 min so it was a gamble. The cafe where there was a wifi signal opened at 9am too so I was stood ready with my laptop started up ready to connect. I was really lucky and connected straight in onto the entry website. I logged in and my hands were shaking as I entered my details. It processed the entry and I then had to wait a week while they confirmed my entry. They had strict entry requirements this year but I met them all!

Running : 5 miles recovery + 1.5 miles run with Oliver
 
A lovely warm up run in the sunshine with Oliver. We ran out to the beach at Flookburgh and had a play with the sports camera. I dropped him back at the caravan after about 1.5miles and set out of the caravan park.

I took the path signposted Cumbrian Coastal way and ran into the amazing sunset over the Cumbrian fells. It was a brilliant route taking me first from a grassy sea wall down to the sand and a rocky trail. It was great running on a soft path for a change and the shoes I chose – my INOV8 roclites - were a perfect choice. They are light with a great grip and plenty of feed back from the running surface.


The sunset over the East Cumbrian Fells
I took the sports cam with me and took a few videos and pictures of the uplifting views. It was an amazing run out, a nice light pace into a stunning sunset. I got to 2.5 miles and turned around, the light was beginning to fade so I made may way back to the lights of the park feeling refreshed and stress free after a busy couple of days.

Food Diary:
Bowl of Mini Shredded Wheat with Blueberries and skimmed milk

Lunch:
Ham Omelette with sprinkling of low fat cheddar, baked beans

Bowl of fruit with fat free greek yoghurt, topped with seeds and nuts

Dinner
Youngs Basa Fillet with oven chips and sweetcorn.

Snacks:
Banana, 2x apples, 1x oat bar, oatcakes with humus, grapes and goats cheese

Drinks:
A few coffees, ½ pint of lager (naughty but very nice in the sunshine), bottled water (need to drink more!)

A swift half by the pool
 

No comments:

Post a Comment