Tuesday 8 September 2015

How low can you go?

Its been a rest day today, so just a nice walk in the sunshine to work and back although my calves are tight from wearing my work shoes after two weeks off. Olivers had another good day at school, his new teacher seems pretty well switched on to his needs, so far so good. Joanne on the other hand seems to be getting worse, Im suspecting there is something underlying causing her to be so Ill, like a virus or something. I getting very worried about her health so Im going to do some homework and research before her appointment next week.
Its funny re-reading this but I fell like its two totally different people are writing my blog. The one above, a carer, father and husband, stretched, stressed and quite low and the one below: a hopeful, upbeat runner, focussed and driven. Its quite a contrast in my head and I suppose its the way I have to live my life at the moment, both personalities blending into create me. Sorry, thats quite deep for a Tuesday! Anyway, moving swiftly on...literally!


How Low Can I Go?
Its the Ulverston 5k tomorrow evening, which I only found out about a week or so ago. Ive never ran a competitive 5k before so it will be interesting especially as it is flat. My PB is based on my Parkrun time on an undulating course (but I do use the hills to maximum effect!). I know the route of the Ulverston race so I will know when to push it. Placings are insignificant in road races. there are some supremely good and talented cub runners that will be clocking 15 or 16 minutes so the race is against me and the clock!  Ive been going over my Parkrun 5k PB below:

5k Distance: 3.11 miles 5:53 avg 18:17mins

Splits:
1. 5:41
2. 5:59
3. 6:03
4. (0.11 miles) 0:38

If I can get the AVG down to 5:50/mile I should come in at a new PB. Im not sure if I can but Im raring to have a go at it. Plus its race conditions so anything could happen!! Ive done a good few tempo runs the last week just outside 5k pace and Im feeling great. It feels good to mix the training up a bit and I just have to make sure my warm up is spot on tomorrow, the lunge matrix Gareth taught me will be coming out of the bag tomorrow!

One thing is for sure Im going to give it my best, its all know how to do!

Food Diary:

Breakfast:
Nutribullet Veggi Smoothie : Spinach, root ginger, pineapple, pear, almonds, blueberries and strawberries

Lunch:
Mackerel Salad with Avocado and Quinoa

Pan fried Chicken, Mackerel Salad, Lunch box.
Dinner:
Pan fried Chicken Breast with Mushroom Bulgar Wheat, Creamy Garlic Mushrooms (made with low fat crème fraise) asparagus and sugar snap peas

Snacks:
Humus with Thins Crackers , 2x apples, oat bar, handful of sunflower and pumpkin seeds.

Drinks:
Loads of bottles water, a few coffee, and a delicious malty chocolate ovaltine before bed!


No comments:

Post a Comment