Saturday 12 September 2015

Saturday night at the movies...

I wasn't actually at the movies, I was referring to the Drifters song, who incidentally were performing at work tonight and they were bloody good. Ive had a busy old day, running, housework, cooking and working and not necessarily in that order. I slept a bit later this morning and felt better for it. I took Oliver to my mums for a few hours then went out for a 10 mile run. Its a big weekend and week for me. I hoping to peak this week with somewhere around 80 - 90 miles by the time Im done. then its only a couple of weeks to taper for my race. I was working tonight so after I made lunch and dinner I jumped in a quick bath then it was off to work. Im tired tonight so Im hoping to sleep soundly as its a 4:30am alarm for the morning!! 30 miles beckons!

Running 10.23 mi   9.00/mi  1:32 hours


I set off this morning not really wanting to go out, but by the time I got to the end of the street I was feeling ok. I did a 10mile loop of walney at a nice easy pace of 9 min miles average. I think I might have picked up a tummy bug as Ive been to the toilet loads in the last two days. I had to stop again today and I was lucky West shore toilets were open! Its probably come from Oliver starting school again and all the germs 8 year olds carry!! Anyway, I finished the pretty uneventful run and stretched out.

Food Diary

Breakfast:
Mini Shredded Wheat with skimmed milk

Lunch:
Butternut Squash and Butterbean Cassoulet (made with wholegrain rice)

Dinner
Chicken and Bacon Pasta Bake with wholemeal pasta.

Slice of apple shortbread (at work they were throwing it out as it was fresh) Very naughty but Ive got a 30 miler in the morning ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment