Friday 25 September 2015

TGI Friday

I feel a better today, I'm still tired but my energy levels seem to be better.

I managed to get a half decent nights sleep and as I was at work this evening I rolled over for a sleep in. 20 minutes later I was beckoned away from my slumber by Joanne. She wasn't well and need me to get Oliver ready for school. I walked him to school and came back home, had breakfast and hung the washing out then headed for a run. When I got back I made lunch and dinner for Jo and Oliver, tidied up and had a bath. I collected Oliver from school and he showed me a sticker hed got for worker of the week. Ive said it before but Im so, so proud of him. He is amazing! I dropped him at home and headed to work. I was duty officer for Comedy Nights and it was a great night with an old favourite of mine, Archie Kelly (Phoenix nights fans will remember him as Kenny Dalgleish) and he was superbly funny.

Running:14.54 miles  8:37/mi   2:05hrs


Taking note from yesterdays drop in energy levels I made sure I ate a bit more today when I was out for a run. I decided to run for two hours (about 14 - 15 miles) and to fuel much sooner than normal. I set out off Walney and over Red Mans Way down the channel. It was quite blustery as I ran along and the sun felt warm on my face. After 30 minutes I ate an oat bar and chomped on an energy tablet. I wasn't taking chances today and wanted my energy levels to remain high throughout the run. It seemed to work. I ran a slightly different route today, running up Park Road, and down to the level crossing by St Helens hill and turning up to Askam Brickworks. From there I dropped into Dalton and all the way down Abbey Road, back onto Walney. I had fuel every 30 minutes and an extra energy tablet at the time. I didn't feel tried or out of energy once, its surprising what a good sleep and refuelling will do for you. I got home and d a protein shake and a lovely deep stretch in the Garden.

Food Diary:

Breakfast:
Porridge with Chia Seeds and Honey

Run Nutrition
3 x Oat bars, 3x Glucose energy tablets

Protein Shake:
Coconut Milk, pineapple, mango, hemp protein

Lunch:
Mackerel, goats cheese and avocado salad

Greek Fat free Yoghurt with blueberries and granola

Dinner:
Chicken and Chorizo Paella

Snacks:
2x  apples, banana, flapjack, boiled ham slices, dark chocolate bar

No comments:

Post a Comment