Monday 7 September 2015

Sunday 6th September.

The return.

Im back off holiday, back to the digital age and my normal life. After I had thrown everything in the car this morning (also known as packing!!) we returned the short distance home and I began the arduous task of unpacking, putting everything away and  four lots of washing.


Running: 7.2 miles - 10k tempo + 2x 1/2 mile warm up and down 6:30/mi

 After all that I was ready for a run. I put my gear on and set off. I was feeling good as I picked up a nice tempo pace along Walney prom although I did have to wait at the light to cross for a minute. I carried on at a nice pace and glanced at my garmin, I was doing sub 20min 5 k pace. Oh well, I thought I will crack onto 5k at that pace. At 6k I was going strong so I decided to push it hard to 10k. On the return leg for the last mile it was a serious headwind. I struggled to maintain the pace and had to really push in the last 1/4 mile. Another 39min 10k and I know I can push it harder. Good signs for my races! Im feeling the best Ive done in a long time and Im starting to notice physical changes to my body too!

Tomorrows Race Recce
Ive got a day off tomorrow so Im having a rest bite from everyone and heading out by myself.
Im going to do a part recce of the Lakes in a day Ultra Route. Im doing the part about 3/4 of the way through  the route Going from Ambleside to Newby bridge, its about 12 or 13 miles along the Western edge of Windermere. Im going to Park at Newby Bridge and get the bus to Ambleside then run back.
Ive planned it on a map from the GPX data given:
Be prepared!
Food Diary

Breakfast:
Mini Shredded Wheat with Blueberries and Skimmed Milk

Lunch
Chicken Breast with Pasta Salad

Dinner:
Cod Fillet with Lemon and Rosemary Rice with a homemade squashed tomato ragu.

Snacks
Olives and Sundried Tomatoes, Oat bar, Wholemeal toast with peanut butter

No comments:

Post a Comment