Thursday 10 September 2015

I GOT DOMS!!!

Ouch! I woke up this morning feeling fantastic and still elated over last nights 5k performance. I sat on the edge of the bed and stood like and elderly arthritic, stiff as hell and my hamstrings so tight I could have played duelling banjos on them!
That's been the story of the day really, I did some mobility movements first thing and walked to work but Ive had major DOMs in my arse all day so I made an executive decision to add an extra rest day. Its getting close to my race and it my Peak Week next week so Im listening to my body very closely. I pushed really hard last night and Im feeling its effects today. Ive just done some very light stretches and am about to jump in a red hot mineral salts bath.


Mineral Salts

I looked again at my results from last night scouring over the data as you do. After a PB I like to stick the numbers into a race and age group predictor on the web. I was shocked to see my last PB of 18.17 min was top 70% in my age category with a predicted VO2Max of 55.1. Last night time was 17.09min ( I still cant believe it!) 80% top age category and  VO2max was 59.6 a massive climb of 5%. Its interesting reading although some of the predicted race times were ridiculous (a 2:44 marathon for instance) based on that time. I do feel like Im improving all the time and the figures seem to concur with that. What this all means in the long run I can only guess. It cant be a bad thing though.

Food Diary:

Breakfast:
Nutribullet Smoothie: Spinach, Kale, Avocado, pineapple, blueberries and strawberries.

Lunch:
Piri Piri Mackerel Salad with Quinoa

Fat free greek yoghurt with chopped fruit

Snacks:
Nuts and seeds, 2x apples, banana, oat cakes with goats cheese and sundried tomatoes

Dinner:
Steamed Salmon with wholegrain rice, char grilled peppers and crunchy baked Kale

Steamed Salmon, rice, char grilled peppers and oven baked crispy kale 


Drinks:
Lots of bottled water, coffee and a big ass glass of Red Wine in the bath (purely medicinal purposes of course ;))

No comments:

Post a Comment