Monday 21 September 2015

Proud as Punch

Today was a rest day and after yesterdays Recce run and 80 miles in a week I definitely needed it. I was knackered! It was also my day off work today as Im working next weekend. I got up with Oliver and took him to school on my way for a haircut and a big shop! After yesterdays run, my quads are smashed to pieces, my knee cut to ribbons, my right thigh grazed and bruised but I feel great! I learned those scars yesterday!

Oliver was happy this morning as he ran around in the rain in the playground, chatting to other kids, always staying on the periphery of their groups and games, watching intently but not quite joining in. The kids all rushed for the door when the time came and he ran to me to say goodbye and give me a kiss. He then totally amazed me.

He opened the door for the other kids and stood there until they were all in. He waved farewell and bounced into school. A massive smile came across my face and pride welled up within me. I wiped the tear away from my eye as I walked to the car, thinking of how proud I am of him. I love that little man so much.  I find it so heart warming to watch just how hard he tries and how well he copes (sometimes!) with the pressure of school. I hope it lasts!!! He is amazing and inspires me to push myself every day!

I then got my hair cut, bought a new compass, did the shopping, put it away, made lunch, tidied up, fell asleep in a hot bath, went for Oliver, made dinner (which I have to say was amazing!), finished my blog from yesterday and today, tidied up and went to bed totally wiped out!!

Food Diary:

Breakfast:
Oat So Simple porridge with nuts and seeds

Lunch:
Goats Cheese, Walnut and Beetroot Salad with Quinoa, sugar snap peas, salad leaves, tomato, cucumber and peppers

Goats Cheese, Walnut and Beetroot Salad
Dinner
Homemade Lamb Masala with wild rice and fine beans

Lamb Masala
 
Fat Free Greek Yoghurt, nuts seeds, pineapple and blueberries.

Snacks:
Oat Bar, 2x apples

Drinks:
Coffee, more coffee and a few cups of coffee, lots of bottled water and a mug of Horlicks before bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment