Monday 7 September 2015

Backblog..Wednesday 2nd September


Blog – Wednesday 2nd September

Running – 1.6 miles with Oliver + 3.5 mile tempo

Oliver and I want for a jog again to explore the park some more. We found lots of pathways and nature trails to run along and we both enjoyed it. I dropped him off and it was starting to get dark. I wasnt expecting to go out late on holiday so I hadn't brought any night gear – bright tops or a head torch.

I think with all the will in the world Im not going to be able to complete my training plan with the mileage I want to cover this week. So Ive come up with a plan (within a plan). Use the week to train for next weeks Ulverston 5k. Its next Wednesday evening so Im thinking if I do some speed work this week, keep it at a high effort level, with shorter distances. I will throw the odd slower session in but it sounds like a plan. The speed work wont do me any harm and I can get back to high mileage again next week which leaves me about 5 weeks of training left.

I went to the nature trail which they reckoned is 1K but walking it earlier in the week felt much more like a mile. It was nearly 1.5miles long when I looked at my garmin. I did two laps of the course, its a nice flat gravelly trail, perfect for speed work. I kept the pace under 6:30 / mile. If im wanting to PB (18:15 ) at the 5k race next week it needs to be all under 6.00 /mi and its gonna hurt!! In a good way!

I completed the trail and jogged back to the caravan to warm down. I did all of my strength work just without the weights (I didnt have room to pack them!).

Food Diary:

Breakfast
Mini Shredded Wheat with Blueberries and Skimmed Milk

Lunch
Scrambled egg, ham and 2 slices of wholemeal toast

Dinner
100% Beef Burger (cooked on a throw away BBQ) in a wholemeal bun with cheese and Black pudding (mmmm treat) with oven chips, side salad.

Snacks:
Apple, banana, nuts and seeds, flapjack, oatbar, oatcakes and humus

No comments:

Post a Comment