Monday 7 September 2015

Backblog..Thursday 3rd September


Blog – Thursday 3rd Sept

Running: 7.4 miles – 7:14/ mi 55 min Progression Run

Oliver didnt want to come with me tonight as it looked like it was going to rain, so I had a full hour to myself. I decided to try a progression 10k and a mile warm down.

I took my Garmin but started the timer and set it to watch mode so I would be doing it all to “feel”. I started out slow and progressively got faster with each lap of the Nature Reserve (about 1.4miles). On the last lap I was redlining it, pushing as hard as I could and stopped for a second at the 10k point. A 41min 10k progressive run is not bad at all.

When I was running hard I was having a good think about next weeks 5k race. Its going to be a push to beat my PB. I will be happy to get near it to be honest as ive not been specific enough in my training. But it will be race conditions and it is pancake flat so we will see what the day brings.

I finished my run with a warm down jog along the sea wall and was treated to a glorious sun set again.

Another beautiful sunset
A strong run and looking at my Garmin data it was a good progression session.

Food Diary

Brunch:
2 grilled sausages, bacon, tomato, mushrooms, wholemeal toast, black pudding, baked beans, 1 fried egg

Dinner out at the park restaurant/bar
My will power took a test tonight with a menu full of food I would love to eat and drink but I knew I shouldn't (burgers, pies, creamy pastas, cool and refreshing lagers etc). As this week hasn't gone to plan I decided to try and stick to it as much as I could. I had a pint of iced water and a very nice Chicken Cobb salad with Grilled Chicken Breast, endive salad, avocado, egg, bacon and a tiny bit of blue cheese crumbled over it. I really enjoyed it!

Snacks:
Banana, oat bar, nuts and seeds, 3 oatcakes with homemade mackerel and avocado pate (basically mashed mackerel, avocado and a squeeze of lime)

No comments:

Post a Comment